GTA Cartel is a non-enterprise private group based on an invite-only basis managed by trusted individuals and takes privacy seriously. The following principles underpin our approach to respecting your privacy:
- We value the trust that you place in us by giving us your personal information. We will always use your personal information in a way that is fair and worthy of that trust.
- We will provide clear information about how we use your personal information. We shall always be transparent with you about what information we collect, what we do with it, with whom we share it and who you should contact if you have any concerns.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure.
- We will comply with all applicable data protection laws and regulations and we will co-operate with data protection authorities. In the absence of data protection legislation, we will act in accordance with generally accepted principles governing data protection.
- By using the GTA Cartel Sites, you are consenting to GTA Cartel collecting, using and disclosing your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in this way, please do not use the GTA Cartel site or otherwise provide GTA Cartel with your personal information.
- GTA Cartel will only collect, use or disclose your personal information where it is fair and lawful to do so. If you provide additional consent, the terms of that consent shall prevail in the event of any conflict with the terms of this Privacy Notice.
- Please note, however, that we may process your personal information without consent if we have a legitimate reason to do so, provided that such use will not have a prejudicial effect on your own rights, freedoms and interests. Any such use shall be in accordance with the GTA Cartel Principles set out above.
What information do we collect?
In this Privacy Notice, your "personal information" means information or pieces of information that could allow you to be identified. This typically includes information such as your Reddit name, Rockstar Games Social Club name and profile picture, but can also include other information such as your IP address. We may collect additional personal information about you from different sources, including:
Information you give us directly
We may collect information from you directly when you provide us with personal information, e.g. when you sign up to GTACartel.net. The types of information we may collect from you directly include your:
- Reddit username and user ID
- Rockstar Games Social Club username
- Rockstar Games Social Club profile picture
- any other personal information you voluntarily provide to us
Information collected automatically when you use the GTA Cartel Sites
The types of information collected automatically may include:
- Information about the type of browser you use
- Your IP address
- GTA Online Sessions you join, powered by Zoobot
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
- improve our services and your experience on the GTA Cartel Sites
- to contact you regarding any membership issues
Safeguarding your personal information
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure and require any third parties that handle or process your personal information for us to do the same. Access to your personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse and is only permitted among GTA Cartel Staff.